Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 33: Malibu, Cal- Cactus and Lizards


So I havent posted since last Thursday I see - Havent really had internet that much here in Malibu. I got here on thursday night after going to the gym and lunch. Its amazing here! all the massive houses perched out the side of mountain cliffs, and the millions of dollars in cars - BMW, Rolls Royce, a ford GTX, Mercedes... the landscape is nice, as last night and tonight I am camping at Leo Carrillo state park on the Ocean. The camp site is pressed between foot hills of "santa monica mountain range" So theres a trail that climbs some of these hills so I went on  a 3 hour hike this morning and found some amazing views - My cell phone camera does not do the pictures any justice, as the view from the peak lookout was one of the most amazing things I have seen - Mansions perched all through the hills of Malibu - Tennis courts, swimming pools, 4 car garages... there are also some nice mountains that are hidden until you reach the top, and reminded me of what it would look like in Arizona. I found many little lizzards running around the trails and for the first time heading south I found WILD cactus all along the trails edge  - much more exciting than the decoration type i have had from home depot.. The heat here is starting to get rediculous, as this is becoming the longest summer I have ever been through - It is as hot as canada in August right now, and the sun is even worse - I have been wearing shorts since Fresno and night time is no longer cold, but I usually sleep outside my sleeping bad lol definately does not feel like fall here!



Im not sure where to head to tomorrow, I think that maybe I might venture up Highway 2 and see hollywood and Beverly hills - then head back to highway 1 and down the coast to someplace outside LA - too many people here and everything is expensive! Looking forward to San Diego - As far south as I think that I will be heading!

  - Santa Monica Boulevard












lizard-guy...!

No comments:

Post a Comment